We can use anyone we want, but we chose to use products manufactured by CIPLA. Why?
- Cipla is huge, with 22,000+ employees spread out over 100 countries including 34 manufacturing facilities.
- Cipla is a pharmaceutical and biotechnology company with an 85 year history and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Cipla manufacturers ingredients for other pharmaceutical companies.
- Cipla takes no shortcuts; their products work!
Here's some additional information:
Cipla Limited is a multinational pharmaceutical and biotechnology company. They primarily develop medicines to treat:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Weight control
- Depression, and many generic medicines.
As of September 2014, Cipla's market capitalization was US $8.1 billion. Cipla first started in 1935 as the "Chemical, Industrial & Pharmaceutical Laboratories", and the name of the Company was changed to Cipla Limited in 1984. Cipla manufactures and sells active pharmaceutical ingredients to other manufacturers as well as pharmaceutical and personal care products. They are the world's largest manufacturer of antiretroviral drugs. Cipla has 34 manufacturing units and a presence in 100 countries. The primary focus areas for Cipla's R&D are development of new formulations, drug-delivery systems, and various active pharmaceutical ingredients. As of March 2013 Cipla had 22,036 employees.